Serving the Greater Tucson Area
It looks like you don't have flash player 6 installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page.
Welcome to Community Outreach Program for the Deaf
Community Outreach Program for the Deaf (COPD) provides services throughout Arizona to persons with a hearing loss. COPD is considered a grassroots organization partnering with Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind persons and organizations in establishing services and providing a "one-stop" center for persons with a hearing loss.Please use the following links to navigate our site:
- Client Services - Counseling, Case Management, and Advocacy
- Vocational Services - Job Placement, Job Training, and Youth Programs
- Interpreting Services - Interpreting resources for new and existing customers
- Request an Interpreter - Convenient, self-service, online form for entering your request
- Interpreter Resources - Information and resources for potential and existing interpreters
- Contact Us - Contact information, location and directions
COPD was established in 1973 as the result of grassroots efforts made by Deaf community members. Over the years, COPD has grown to meet the expanding needs of our clients, continually offering new programs and services. Now as part of CCS' Southwest Community Services, COPD is well into it's forth decade, serving hundreds of Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind persons each year. From the very beginning, COPD has maintained strong relationships with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities to help determine how we can best meet their needs. We pride ourselves on our strong relationship with these communities and value their guidance and support in creating new programs and services.
Despite a difficult year with a reduction of funding from
the state, county and city, COPD has remained a strong partner with our deaf,
deaf blind and hard of hearing communities. COPD's continues with a strong staff
and Board to meet your needs in 2010!! This past year COPD provided
services to over 800 persons!!!
Services are many at COPD and include the following:
- Emergency services of food and clothing to over 162 persons,
- Financial education to 74 persons,
- Tax preparation to 34 persons,
- Hearing aid and devices to over 479 persons,
- Counseling to 45 persons,
- DeafBlind Services to 17 persons,
- Case management to 202 persons,
- Vocational services to 254 persons,
- Interpreting to over 600 persons.
- Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Valley Center of the Deaf
- COPD - New Mexico
- Catholic Community Services of So AZ, Inc (for employment opportunities)
- Apache ASL Trails
- Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind
- Pima County One Stop Employment Centers
Location, Map and Contact Information
Office & Mailing Address:
268 W. Adams Street
Tucson, AZ 85705
View Larger Map
COPD Phone: (520) 792-1906
Interpreter Requests: 520-445-8484 | 520-445-8488 (alternate)
COPD Fax: (520) 770-8544
Days & Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(Other times by appointment)
How You Can Help
COPD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so all donations to our organization are tax deductible.
- COPD is a write-in recipient agency for United Way campaigns (code 0316), providing another means of contributing to our organization.
- COPD, as part of CCS, participates in the State Tax Credit Program. Please visit here and designate COPD for your tax dollars.
- We can also assist you with a plan to include COPD in your will.